Friday, July 16, 2010

crazy beautiful life

henry says mom!  but let me back up a bit.  yesterday was one of those kind of awful days where everything that can go wrong does.  and on top of everything I was incredibly sleep deprived because henry is teething and super cranky.  he won't sleep and he wants to be held and comforted all day long.  well, I won't bore you with all the stress and frustration, because that is not what's important...anymore anyway.  as I was scraping last night's dinner into the garbage and Austin decided where to order out from (amongst everything else I accidentally left the crock pot on high for too long and didn't realize it and the meat didn't look edible--ugh) he paced the kitchen with henry.  I was about ready to cry into the bbq pork chop mess in the trash when they passed by me and henry reached out his arms and said, clear as a bell, "mom"    Austin and I stared at each other for a couple seconds and then just started laughing.  of course henry went straight into his mom's arms after that.  it was so amazing-can't really describe the feeling when you first hear your baby call you mom.  needless to say--my day went from awful to awesome with one little word :)  even at 5am this morning when I went to soothe a crying henry it was still awesome--he just looked up out of his crib as I walked into the room and said it again--mom

No comments:

Post a Comment