Thursday, August 2, 2012

tot convos

Here is a snippet of a conversation that I had with 2 1/2 year old Henry tonight.  Henry just got done using the potty, saying "I think I can I think I can I think I can" while perched on the toilet. (We just read the Little Engine that Could)  When he was done I walked out into the hall and stepped on a toy car.

Me:  OW!
Henry:  (with great sorrow in his voice) What's wrong Mommy?
Me:  I stepped on this toy and hurt my foot.
Henry:  (very helpful now) Maybe if you poop it will make it better.
                                      (when henry has a tummy ache we tell him that he should try to poop in the
                                         potty because it might make him feel better.....)
Me: (trying not to laugh) Oh, I don't think I have to go right now.
Henry:  (scrunches up his face and squints his eyes) You say eerrrrrgh and it will come out. K?
Me: (trying really hard not to laugh because he is dead serious) Okay, thanks for the advice.
Henry: (very excited now) AND you will get a prize!!!
Me:  That sounds exciting!
Henry:  yeah! (then he leans down and kisses my foot.  a split second later he completely switches gears and glowers up at me from under his eyebrows and uses a very deep, scary voice)  TRIP TRAP TRIP TRAP! I AM TROLL AND YOU CAN'T CROSS MY BRIDGE!
Me: Am I a goat now?
Henry: You have to be goat now.


Motherhood.  Goathood.  It's all the same.



No comments:

Post a Comment