Friday, March 5, 2010

the latest

We have several bits of news to share and a picture just for fun:)

Henry went to the doctor on Monday to get his neck looked at again, since we were starting to get concerned about it.  In case you aren't sure what I'm referring to, Henry was born with a lymphangioma, or cystic hygroma, which is a fluid-filled mass.  It isn't related to any other disease or complications, and it doesn't hurt him at all, in fact he is oblivious to it...it probably bothers Austin and I more than it bothers him :)  Dr. Todd, the same person that looked at it right after he was born, followed up with us.  He said that Henry is a perfectly healthy boy besides the swelling on his neck, and that he can surgically remove it.  So, sometime in July, when Henry is six months old, we will be taking him to Sioux Falls for the operation.  When I asked Dr. Todd what caused the cyst he told me, "bad luck."  I guess I will have to accept that the cause is just unknown, which, if you know me, isn't easy.  I think Henry is trying to teach his mom that there aren't always answers for everything :)

Yesterday, Henry had the last of his vaccinations--don't worry Carmen, he still loves you!  We also weighed him because I was curious to see how much he had grown, and the scale read 14 pounds 10 ounces!  He did have his clothes on, so that probably added a few ounces at least.  But jeez, he gained about a pound in only two weeks!  He's getting stronger too.  He likes to roll onto his side and he gets pretty frisky when we try to change his diapers-and that can lead to some pretty messy situations.

Last week, Henry's newest little cousin was born, and we are so excited for them to meet and become best buddies!  Her name is Jolie Kay, and she is absolutely adorable-congrats to Josh and Lindsay!

And, finally, we will be heading to Rapid City tomorrow to visit Austin's family and friends!  We are all pretty excited--some of them haven't met Henry at all yet.  I have a break from school and Austin got some time off, so we are staying the whole week.  Should be fun!

And here's Henry practicing his I-have-my-grandparents-wrapped-around-my-little-finger-and-all-I-have-to-do-is-turn-on-the-charm-so-they-melt-into-a-big-gooey-puddle-and-give-me-whatever-I-want face.

No comments:

Post a Comment