Friday, April 9, 2010

time for teeth?!?

For a little while now Henry has been showing symptoms of teething: drooling like crazy, trying to bite everything in sight...so if you come to visit- watch your hands- I'm serious! He'll lunge at any stray finger that gets anywhere near his mouth!   But I kept thinking it was way too early for it....anyway, for the past few days now he just hasn't been himself.  He's normally a pretty easy-going guy, but today he cried everytime I tried to put him down.....The result of all of this funny business other than massive mommy biceps?  A tooth--already.  Yup, I finally decided it was time to take some serious exploration into Henry's slimy, cranky little kisser and get to the bottom of things, even if he didn't like it all that much, and I discovered a little white nub emerging from the bottom gum. I was surprised despite all the signs.  Now, besides rolling all over the floor, chatting and smiling at everything we  say no matter how mundane it is, and attempting to sneak up on his toys via a very slow and uncoordinated inchworm-esque attack...he has a tooth.  I don't know why my baby is in such a hurry to grow up!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Henry you are growing up fast.....now if this would have been posted on April Fool's Day I would have taken it for an April Fool's Day Joke.....I think Austin received his first tooth when he was 6 months....as the song goes "Don't blink", you may miss him growing up. They do grow up fast...Happy Birthday Sara! :) Love Grandma M.

    ReplyDelete